Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jack Holmgren - April 2008- August 6, 2009



As most of you have heard, Jack left us today. It is very difficult for me to express my feelings right now.

I had a dog growing up, but she was an outside dog and I'm afraid to say we never really got to know her. After 4 or 5 years, we decided it was best to give her away and she went to live on a farm where she would be happy. I didn't feel much emotion at that time. I had no idea of the loyalty, friendship, love, and awe I could feel from a dog.

I felt all of those feelings with my Jack. Recollecting on our short time together, I figure that Jack and I probably spent an average of 2 hours per day separated from each other. Besides that, he was my little companion. I'd wake up in the morning with him at my feet. He would follow me around the house as I got ready for the day. He'd lay under my desk while I worked. Then when I had to leave for installs or other errands, it was always evident that he would rather be with me than at home, no matter how hot, cramped, or lacking water the truck may be. He was so genuine in his love for Maddie and I. My heart is broken, something that I never knew could happen over a dog. But I've known for quite some time with Jack that when this day came broken is all my heart would be.

1 comment:

Proudfit Family said...

We are so sorry. Jack was an awesome dog and we and the kiddos have many fond memories of him. Weston was really sad when we told him. We're thinking about you guys.