Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!!

Mav turned 2 on Valentine's Day! It's so crazy to me that my baby isn't a baby anymore.

But I won't dwell on that - I find it depressing and therefore there's really no way for anyone else to see anything else in it!

So on to pictures! Mav's had a thing for dinosaurs lately, so I figured I'd make him some dino cookies instead of a birthday cake - it's not like we'd eat the cake anyway, and Mav looooves the cookies I make! He's convinced anytime I have my mixer running that there's cookie dough inside. Can't say he's wrong often...

Anyway!! Dinosaur cookies!




The stegosaurus is my favorite. Considering Mav's two-fisted approach, I don't think he cared what they looked like.


We had a friend party at Chik-fil-a with his friends Olivia and Wyatt Griffith and Jameson and Lucy Proudfit (and their moms CJ and Becky, respectively). They all had a blast playing in the play place!

That night Uncle Ted and Aunty Jake came up and opened presents and had pizza with him. He's actually getting what opening presents is now! He knows how to rip off the paper and understands that when he does, there's usually something cool inside! Or clothes, whichever. Haha. It was fun to watch him open his presents this year.




His favorite present was the very first one he saw in the morning. Waiting at the bottom of the stairs was his very own truck! He saw it and got this just awed, inexpressibly happy little expression on his face - it was the cutest thing I've ever seen! He loves this thing!



Happy Birthday to our Maverick! We love you little bub!

1 comment:

janice rampton said...

What a happy birthday, Mav! So glad that we got to come down late and celebrate a little. You are such a delightful little guy. ROWWWRRR!!!!!